Location Tried: Any or All Locations
Suggested frequency: Any or All
Hosted by: Your church
Codelife is a tool to help men to discover more of the bible, through a simplified set of statements: 'The Code'.
- Jesus is my Captain, Brother, Rescuer and Friend.
- I owe everything to Him. I will do anything for Him.
- I will unashamedly make Him known through my actions and words.
- I will not cheat in anything, personal or professional.
- I will look away from the gutter, but be prepared to pull people out of it.
- I will keep my body fit and free from any addictions.
- I will put the welfare of those closest to me before my own welfare.
- I will treat all men and women as brothers and sisters.
- I will lead as He would lead. I will honour my leaders provided this also honours Him. I will follow Him in company with my sisters and brothers.
- I will use my strength to protect the weak and stand against the abuse of power.
- I will protect the world that God has made.
- If I fail I will not give up. He never gives up on me.
The Bible is the Bible, and Codelife is not. We know that sounds obvious, but it needs to be said right at the beginning!
The reason why it needs to be said is that some people might think we are trying to replace God's word with some catchy soundbites. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, we are delighted when we hear about men getting stuck into the bible through Codelife: that is exactly what we want. Codelife is simply the 'tip of the spear', the catalyst point for driving men deeper into God and his word.
Every week, millions of Christians read Christian books, watch Christian TV and listen to sermons preached, whether in the church or through some form of media access. Most, if not all, would agree that where these forms of teaching and direction are doctrinally accurate, they are also helpful. They do not seek to replace scripture, but rather illuminate it.
Indeed, some of our richest insights have been handed down over the centuries, as great Christians have studied God's word, and shared their thoughts. Very special statements, like the Apostle's Creed, are not biblical canon but are accepted by the church as a unifying force for good.
All of these are examples of non-biblical material: inspiring and leading Christians. We humbly submit codelife to the Christian community as one of the myriad tools we believe God has lent his grace to, and pray that it also will be a force for good.
A solid resource for people to get their teeth stuck into, a gateway that can not only lead people to the Bible, but assist them in understanding it.
This resource does not have any additional requirements