Most people enjoy seeing, and decorating, a Christmas tree.
- Purchase a Christmas tree and set it up securely in your town centre, decorating it creatively.
- Have an area where passers-by are invited to write the name of someone, or a circumstance that they would like to pray for this Christmas onto a Christmas tree bauble. Give them the opportunity to place it onto the prayer Christmas tree.
- Make sure you buy baubles that can be written on easily with a marker. The cheaper plastic ones are often the best.
- After the day, consider giving out the baubles to your congregation, so they can pray for the people and situations each day leading up to Christmas.
- You could also offer to pray for these people and circumstances there and then.
- Perhaps give away a free glow stick to all who participate, explaining that Jesus is the light of the world.